Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)"Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. The French scientist René Gattefossé was among the first to discover these properties when he was severely burned in a laboratory explosion. Lavender may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lavender has an approximate ORAC of 3,669 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter."
Ingredients: Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia) Yep, that's just one ingredient... 100% Pure
The most versatile of all essential oils. Safe to use for all ages. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing – physically and emotionally. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms.
Here are several uses for Young Living's Lavender Essential Oil:
1. Calming: Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body. This oil is especially helpful with stress, anxiety, depression, and overall mental health!
2. Sleep Aid: Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep. From tiny babies to stressed out students to sleepless anxious folks, lavender is proven to help you sleep! Rub a drop on the soles of each foot. Try diffusing lavender to help you drift off into dreamland!
3. Bee Sting / Insect Bite: Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching, pain, and reduce swelling.
4. Minor Burn: Put 2-3 drops Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain, and provide faster healing with less scarring!
5. Cuts: Drop Lavender oil on cut to stop bleeding, clean wound, and kill bacteria. This is a little "stingy" for kids, so it helps to dilute in a tiny bit of carrier oil first.
6. Eczema / Dermatitis: Mix several drops of Lavender oil with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis. Read my personal story of healing of a severe skin condition using lavender!
7. Motion Sickness: To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on end of tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
8. Nosebleed: To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue
covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum, um ouch!).
9. Unblock Tear Ducts: Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts. You will want to close your eyes for about 20 minutes as the vapor can be pretty intense. On a little one, I would do this while they sleep.
10. Dry / Chapped Skin: Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. Chapped / Sunburned Lips: Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
12. Scar Tissue: To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on and around the affected area.
13. Deodorant: Rub 2-4 drops Lavender oil over armpit area to act as a deodorant.
14. Hay Fever: Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
15. Dandruff: Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
16. Moths & Insects: Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
17. Water Fountains: Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. Sweeten Laundry: Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
19. Cold Sores: Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore to speed healing and ease symptoms.
20. Allergies: Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
21. Sunburn: Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain and aid in faster healing!
22. Rashes: Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin. Trust me this works!
More to come...
If you would like to learn more about Young Living Essential Oils, become a wholesale or retail customer, have questions, or need help using your YL Essential Oils, THIS is the website you need! Let me know if I can help you! ~ Lori References:
Essential Oils Desk Reference. Compiled by Essential Science Publishing.
Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Connie & Alan Higley
Gary D. Young N.D. An Introduction to Young Living Essential Oils.
Comments are closed.